2. Water, bubbles and giggles are three things you can never have too much of.
3. Letting them learn from their own mistakes can be hard and sometimes painful but the empowerment they gain in the end is worth it.
4. TV is not necessary.
5. I will never be done 'cleaning up'.
6. We don’t sleep alone in a bed with no covers, so why should they?
7. If I would not eat it, I will not feed it to my child (think pureed dinners in a jar).
8. No matter what the studies say, sugar makes children become little demons.
9. BUT - sometimes a lollipop IS the best way to buy yourself a little time.
10. Just because it worked for you does not mean it will work for me.
11. Buying shoes on sale and guessing on the size they will need in 6 months or a year will always backfire. If you do, buy big and then at least they will work a year later. Maybe.
12. Take pictures, lots of pictures!
13. It is SO not about you anymore.
14. We all do the best we can with what we have.
15. All those milestones you can’t wait to reach will come - being anxious will only make it seem longer and distract you from the present.
16. You know that toy that they ‘just have to have’? If you wait a week or two they probably won’t want it anymore.
17. It is always worth finding good quality shoes.
18. It is SO hard to hear the worst qualities of yourself come out of your children (picture the eldest exasperatingly shouting at her brother, “not like THAT!”) Oops!
19. Every day is a new day to try again to be that really awesome parent you intended to be yesterday.
20. Eventually you will have a day when you think, “I did good”. And you did.
21. Deep breaths can save a lot of trouble.
22. Take advantage of the “I DO IT MYSELF!” phase and let them learn to do it for themselves, whatever ‘it’ is.
23. There is nothing that will bring tears to your eyes like the gushing compliments from an elderly stranger, telling you how wonderful your children are.
24. Breastmilk really is a miracle cure.
25. When they wrap their little arms around your neck and say “I Wuv Oo, Mommy” you know you would go to the ends of the earth and back for them.